Sunday, September 7, 2008

bums

At the moment, my dad's outside gardening, my mom and sister are downstairs watching T.V. [Taking Lives], and I'm upstairs... blogging. Well actually I was drawing, but then I thought about putting down some thoughts that I have been keeping bottled up in myself for so long.

Mama would say, "Why do you always stay cooped up in your room?"
"Go outside once in a while!"
"It's not good for you stay in there all the time!"
"At least Mei-Mei [your sister] comes out to watch some T.V."
HONEY PLZ. First of all, there are many, many things I can do in my room. I have a T.V. in my room--I don't see why I can't watch some movies in my room. Plus, I can enjoy many of my hobbies in my room, as I've got my doodle notebook, pens and paint and colors, MUSIC, comics [I'm not a dork! The comics were actually bought in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and I'm just keeping up with my Chinese language skills], magazines, weights for exercise, stuffed animals, and so much more. It's such a hassle to bring things from my room downstairs constantly, and having to put them away later on and getting more stuff. I guess I have short attention span--no, I just get bored of things quick, and I jump into other things. But I would always come back to unfinished work or whatever. Am I making sense?
And when I do go outside, mama assumes that I'm working my butt off, running around and exerting a lot of energy. In her terms, that means burning a lot of calories. So when I come back home after my "adventure" right outside of my house [but still in the neighborhood!], whether it's lunch or dinner, she'd feed me a whole lot of pasta and meat. Or, she'd keep bugging me to drink milk, have some yogurt, eat cheese. You might think that I don't enjoy eating. Truth is, food wouldn't seem all that interesting anymore if you knew that food was a consequence for every activity you do. Except sitting in your room.

Can you guess why mama is so paranoid about my health and calories? If not, keep reading my posts. I think you'll learn why soon enough!

Mei-mei cannot compare to me. Even though I'm older than her by 4 years, I still think that I retain my childhood a lot more than she does. I still like the old-school ways, if that's what you call going out to actually PLAY and making arts and crafts and watching cartoons; and not go shopping for hair products and different-colored hoop earrings. She's only 14, and she already belongs to a community of 13-20 year olds on the Internet who just chat and flirt. And exchange phone numbers [muahah yes, I have eavesdropped on her!]. The only time she does come out of her room is when her Internet is turned off [baba controls Internet usage]. Then she'd watch T.V., her preferences America's Next Top Model, Hannah Montana, Rob and Big, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody reruns, High School Musical, ... reruns ...

I still play this one memory in my head occassionally.
It was just earlier this summer when mama got really mad at me. It partly had to do with the fights between mei-mei and I. And I got so furious. "I know you like mei-mei more than me!"
Do you wanna know how she answered back?
"SO WHAT."

Oh and nevermind about my question about the comment link. I got it (=

1 Comments:

Blogger lemon said...

Hey I see that ur a newbie in the blogosphere! Welcome! :)

Hope ur ready to get addicted! :)

September 7, 2008 at 2:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home